Making Peace







i used to hate my body for the things it wasn't
for how it didn't look like
i think a part of me still does
i hated how some parts were big when they needed to small
and how some parts were small when they needed to big
i hated how it was flat in places that shouldn't be flat and was protruding in places that should be flat

i looked at other women with envy, with their flat stomachs, protruding hips, defined waist lines and normal sized breasts 

and so i asked my body, "why don't you look like that?"

"because of you i don't feel beautiful, because of you i avoid mirrors because all i see is disappointment not beauty."

but something inside me has changed
a seed of self love and self acceptance has been planted inside of me 
and it's blooming uncontrollably 

i'm learning to accept my body as it is
i'm learning to embrace my own kind of beautiful
with it's folds,protruding stomach and apple shape 

i love you as you are
well atleast i'm learning to

i'm learning that they don't get to decide what's beautiful and what's not
not the magazines, the men and those cat callers who thought they had every right to tell you  how they wished you were different.

i want to make peace with you
i want your forgiveness 
for the longest time i stored nothing but hate in you
i treated you terribly

but i realise now that i can't hate you into something i'll love one day

Self-Acceptance

Self-Love


Self-Care



i love you just the way you are
and from now on, i'll try to treat  you as you are, Sacred.
i will take care of you, give you rest, feed you right, water you constantly
decorate you with flowers, silver and gold ornaments
i will not allow hate, anger, bitterness and self hate to make a home in you
i will not allow people to store their frustrations in you
i will not let anyone ruin you, not even me
i will give you peace
i will give you rest 
shower you with love
you are my home and my hiding places
from now one, i will try my very best to make peace with you

Comments

Popular Posts