Perks of Being a Wallflower

 A reread and review



My first reread and it's still 5/5 stars yet again. 

I loved this book when I was younger, I love it even more now. This time around what stood out to me was not the teenage experience or the teenage dream that charlie experienced (by the way, my tunnel song is either, 400 lux or a world alone by Lorde), but the generational trauma and how it kept on regurgitating itself into the new generation. 



I thought the book did a wonderful job on showing that. How trauma untreated, travels to the next generation and the next and the next. 


The book did a wonderful job on showing you, how can get help. It didn't glamourize it but brought the much didn't attention to it. I loved this book for that. It also didn't shy from authentically talking about sensitive topics that families, friends and teens go through. 


I thought it was brilliant and I loved charlie, being something of a wallflower myself, I felt seen and represented by him.  Reading the book from his experience was just a beautiful experience, everything was heightened and he noticed every thing. 





And the book had alot of lessons and beautiful quotes that taught me a lot personally.


I highly recommend it 


It's a 10/10



Comments

Popular Posts