September in Overview





yes i know september is not yet over but aah well i feel like it is so....that counts right? right! on with the post! ladies and Gents!!! so in the month of September i (well so far anyway).....

Read....
Poetry and lots of it!!! from Nikita Gill to Robert M. drake to Upile chisala, Warsan Shire and Rupi Kaur!!! and i've still got loads more on my booklist!!! got into poetry earlier this year so exploring different writing styles and I feel the best way to do so is by reading poetry heavyweights!!!

LISTENED TO.....
Lorde, I accidentally stabbed across her new album on YouTube, Melodrama and I must say it's simply beautiful! 'Poetry' is the right word for it. When you listen to the words of the songs, you know they came straight from her soul! That's the type of music I love to listen to. Oh and it's so different from her last album I must say! 

WATCHED.....
1.) Pride and prejudice.....finally! I've been meaning to actually, never watched the original just spin offs that gave me an idea of the story i.e Bride and Prejudice, pride, prejudice and Zombies (oooh now this is an awesome movie!!!!) . Fell in love with Mr Darcy as well even though at first I thought he was a douche bag! Mr douchebag Darcy I called him! Tehe 

2.) Goblin- YOOOOOOOoooo  okay so, I originally had no intention of watching it, but people were making such a big fuss so I got curious, a friend of mine recommended it, I watched it and LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME!!!!! You guys goblin is AWESOME!!!  One of the best Korean series I've ever watched!!!! And now Gong Yoo is my future Husband! We're both introverts who love cats! It's a match made in fan girl heaven!!! Oppa!!!!! 

3.) 13 reasons why- conflicted on this one, it does talk about important issues that affect young people today (me included) that we usually ignore or brush off as unimportant but are so vital, bullying for example, rape and others. Most people argue that it glorified suicide or justified it, now I'm not sure if that was the intention of the story or not, But i feel that the real intention of the story was to get people talking, make them or us rather, aware, show us the side of the people being bullied and the consequences our actions and words have on people. Suicide is never the answer, even though at the time, it may seem like the only option, the only way to make the pain stop it's not. Suicide only transfers your pain to somebody else. If you watch the show, you'll see that clearly. But I must warn you dear readers this show is triggering. 

4.) Boy meets world!- love it! Love it! Looove it!!!! It had some real good life lessons despite at times being gloriously silly (Eric Matthews is the best or should I say Mr plays with squirrels lol). I feel like kids these days don't have shows like this! Shows that teach them stuff you know, important life lessons, shows that help kids understand the different things life's going to throw at them and how to deal with them, I feel boy meets world did exactly that. We get grow up with Cory and Shawn, you know, as they were going through real life situations that most of us were going through too, we learnt from them as well, kids these days need that too! A show that will address the different matters and every day situations they face. 

LEARNT......
A lot of things my dears! Which will be a separate post!!!  I know booo! Bear with, bear with, the post is coming soon. 

DID.....
A lot of self loving and acceptance but that's another blog post my dears

LOVED.....
Brownies (buahahahahahahaha I need help) 

TRIED out
Painting, inspired by Fridah Khalo, I loved how vulnerable she was in her art you know, it inspired to try it out! I'm not good at it like at all! My brother got all the art talent in the family but I love how it makes me feel, at peace, it helps me release stress, I highly recommend it!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts